Allied Consultants, Inc. is an Austin-based firm which has for 25 years been a premier provider of technical and business professionals to clients in Texas. We are currently seeking an experienced J2EE/Red Hat Developer to be a key resource on a technical services team.
Allied Consultants offers its family of consultants excellent rates, a local support staff, and an attractive benefits package which includes medical insurance (Allied shares a percentage of the cost), life insurance, a matching 401(k) plan and a cafeteria plan.
Candidates selected for interview will be required to undergo criminal background checks and may be required to complete a drug screen in accordance with Federal and State Law. Offers of Employment are contingent on a successful background check
Allied Consultants is an equal opportunities employer.
The Programmer will engage in application development activities related to the client’s Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) Modernization Project. As part of this effort the client will migrate to version 7 of Red Hat’s JBoss EAP solution. A successful candidate will have the ability to program in a Java EE environment, provide solutions for technical challenges and work effectively with our technical staff.
Key responsibilities include:
• Appraise existing applications and establish methods to successfully migrate into the targeted environment
• Confer with the OAG team lead in analysis, migration, and resolution to any technical challenges
• Observe project reporting requirements in communication of the progress toward completion of assignments
• Coordinate with the OAG team lead and OAG Test team in verification of migration success
• Assisting in creating overall testing approach and test scenarios
5 Direct experience in web content design and management implementing user-centric design principles.
5 Experience programming with Java SE/EE 6 and above
5 Experience with a Subversion (or other SCC product), Maven and Eclipse
5 Experience with Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java (CDI)
5 Experience with JSF, JPA, and RichFaces
5 Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or above
1 Experience with Red Hat JBoss EAP 7
3 Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7